Monday 14 December 2009

There's nothing like good news on a Monday...

And that was nothing like good news on a Monday...

Unfortunately, I took a call from James this afternoon (after chasing him again on the job front); you know a company needs a good administrator when they miss that they have been underbilled for $18,000 of goods. Unfortunately, they now need the money that would have been the administrator's salary to pay the outstanding invoice...

He hasn't said that the job is canned outright, but they now don't have the money to pay me until February (he is also using the money that would have taken him to the football world cup next year, where NZ have got through for the first time since 1982, so he is gutted on a personal level as well, particularly as if they had spotted that they hadn't been invoiced for the full amount when it happened about six months ago, then they wouldn't be in the situation they are now)

So we have left it that I will reapply for jobs (I've already contacted the GIS company!) and if I get offered anything, then I'll let him know, but if I have no luck, then they will talk to me when they can reopen the position again.

In better news, I did get a free knife today for going to a knife demonstration at our local Warehouse (a sort of all-purpose store that sells DIY stuff / garden centre / clothes / toys / craft stuff / kitchen goods - we like it!). Looking at the number of cuts that I have on my hands at the moment, I'm not sure that I should be allowed to take it out of the box though! (I do believe that I have a knife in the drawer that was deliberately designed to cut in a curve - perfect "C" shapes in the kumera, and in my finger...)

2 comments:

Strabec said...

I'm sorry to hear about the job. Don't be too disheartened, something better will turn up!

Jo said...

Thanks...
Feeling a bit better now, but it was a bit rubbish finding out I'd been made redundant before I'd even started work!

But then the sensible part of me turns round and says that if they can make that big a screwup, then I'm probably best not with them anyway!